Details about our tuition and policies.
|SUMMER CLASSES||SUMMER CAMPS||SUMMER INTENSIVE|
|One class a week for 5 weeks: $100||Single camp: $300/week||$365 total|
|Two classes a week for 5 weeks: $185||2 or more: $285 per camp|
|Three classes a week for 5 weeks: $265|
|Four classes a week for 5 weeks: $340|
|Adult classes (18+): $75 for 5 weeks|
|Drop in rate (single class): $25|
- Tuition is based on a yearly amount divided into ten monthly payments (August through May).
- All accounts must have a valid credit/debit card on file.
- Online registration will automatically default the account to autopay.
- Tuition is due by the 1st of each month and is considered late by the 8th of the month.
- Tuition is not prorated due to missed classes, holidays, or breaks.
- There is a non-refundable registration fee of $30 per single student or $45 per family (2 or more dancers).
- We accept credit and debit cards from Visa, MasterCard, and American Express for payments over $25.
- All invoices will be sent to the account electronically through email.
- There is a $30 service charge for any returned checks. Once a check has been returned for nonpayment, only cash payments will be accepted.
- No personal checks will be accepted after April 1st. Cash or credit/debit card payments only.
- We do not accept post-dated checks.
- The studio reserves the right to suspend a student’s participation in classes if their account is in arrears.
- All accounts must be current prior to participation in our spring performances.
Consistent and prompt attendance is very important for the progress of all dancers. Please make every effort to have your child attend every class.
- The studio does not issue refunds or credits due to illness, vacations, religious observances, extended travel or for any other reason deemed non-refundable by Starz In Motion Dance School.
- In the event of absence, a student may attend a make-up class (schedule permitting) within a month of the missed class.
- There will be no make-up classes after April 1st.
- To arrange a make-up class, it is the parent’s responsibility to contact the studio or to go through their online account. In the event that a student will be absent for illness or other emergency, we encourage you to call the studio in advance.
All newsletters, reminders, and statements/invoices will be emailed to each parent/guardian for each account. We strongly recommend that all parents/guardians check their emails regularly. Information may also be posted in our lobby. It is the parent/guardian’s responsibility to be aware of important dates and all studio activities. Please inform us of any address, telephone, or email changes throughout the year.
IN THE CLASSROOM
- DRESS CODE: All dancers are required to adhere to the dress code that is indicated on the class description page. It is important to Starz In Motion that our dancers look like dancers. For health reasons, dancers are not permitted to wear street shoes in class. Dance shoes should be worn in the studio only and should not be worn outdoors to and from class.
- All students are expected to observe the school’s dress code.
- Parents are responsible for ensuring that their children’s dancewear, footwear and hair are appropriate for the class taken.
- Female students must have their hair completely secured in a bun or ponytail for all classes.
- Dance instructors have the discretion to remove any student from class whose attire does not comport with the dress code or whose clothing or hair poses a safety hazard to the student or to the rest of the class.
- Classroom Behavior
- Students should be ready for class and dressed in required attire and shoes no less than ten minutes before class begins.
- Students who are more than 10 minutes late for class may be asked to observe class only.
- For safety reasons, no jewelry is permitted to be worn in class. The students may not bring toys, dolls, or any other objects into the classrooms at any time. No chewing gum permitted in class.
- Proper behavior is expected of all students before, during and after classes. Students are expected to be polite, courteous, and respectful towards their teachers as well as their fellow students. Teachers have the discretion to dismiss a disruptive student from the class in the event of improper behavior.
- Students experiencing physical or emotional problems, which prevent their full participation in a class, may observe class with a note of explanation from their parent or doctor.
- Parental Supervision
- Parents are expected to monitor both dancers and siblings at all times. Parents are responsible for their children’s behavior. There shall be no running or yelling in the hallways, waiting room, or dance studios. Visiting children, including siblings of the enrolled student, are not permitted in empty studios at any time.
- Parents may arrive no more than 10 minutes before class begins. Parents must pick up their children no more than 10 minutes after the class has ended. The studio cannot be responsible for supervising children who are left alone or unattended when subsequent classes begin.
- Common Areas
- Both parents and students are expected to keep the common areas neat and tidy. The studio is not responsible for personal items left in the classrooms or waiting room.
- Due to fire codes, the hallways may not be blocked by any objects or persons at any time.
- Disciplinary Action
- Students who repeatedly disregard the dress code, miss class, or disrupt classes with improper behavior may be discharged from the school and the year-end performance at the sole discretion of the management, with or without warning.
- No refund of tuition, costumes or tickets will be given for any student who is discharged for improper conduct.
- We would appreciate your cooperation in keeping our studio clean.
- Please be considerate and clean up any remaining drink or trash you may leave behind.
- DO NOT leave soiled diapers in the garbage cans.
- Students should use the bathroom before or after class only unless it is an emergency.
- If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to discuss it with us whenever it does not interfere with a class. We will be happy to arrange a time when we can speak with you.
LOST AND FOUND POLICY
Any shoes and clothing left in the building will be placed in the Lost and Found at the end of the day. The Lost and Found will be emptied at the end of every month.
- The culmination of all skills learned during the school year is the year-end performance. Preparation for this event begins in January.
- To ensure that the entire class learns the choreography for each routine, consistent attendance during the final months of the school year is imperative. Inconsistent attendance may result in dismissal from the year end performance at the discretion of the studio director.
- If a student is removed from the spring performance due to poor attendance, the school will not refund any portion of the tuition, costumes, or tickets.
Dance is a performing art and the extension of class to stage. Our performances are professional and well planned. You will receive information concerning rehearsal and performance dates, costumes, and tickets via email. Costumes for all spring performances are distributed only when all outstanding payment balances have been reconciled.
We love when our dancers refer their friends to the studio! When you refer a friend and they enroll for the full season, you will receive a $25 credit toward your account. It’s our way of saying “thank you” for the confidence you have in our program.
How to Receive Your Credit: Ask your referrals to include your name in the “How Did You Hear Details” box on the registration form.
THE SAFETY OF OUR DANCE FAMILY IS OUR TOP PRIORITY!
- One parent/guardian will be permitted entry to the studio for dancers ages 6 and under. All other dancers will be dropped off and picked up outside the studio.
- Masks will be required upon entry into the studio and must be worn at all times.
- All faculty, staff, dancers, and parents/guardians will be temperature screened using a non-contact thermometer upon entry into the studio.
- All faculty, staff and dancers will be required to use hand sanitizer before and after class.
- Dancers will be permitted to bring their dance shoes in a small bag and a water bottle only into class.
- Thorough sanitizing and cleaning of all studios and common areas.
- Six-foot squares have been set up in each studio for social distance dancing.
- Thank you for working together to minimize risk, keep our staff and dancers safe, and keep our studio operational! Please continue to check our website for additional updates, and do not hesitate to reach out with any questions that you might have to [email protected].